Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hokkien Mee Fiesta


I recently bought 2 packets of hokkien mee paste from a friend of mine, http://www.talentcook.com/. Decided to cook them at my brother's house today. My parents helped to prepare the soup which is cooked by frying prawn shells in chilly with "belacan", grind the shells before adding into the chicken stock to cook soup. Finally sieve the soup to remove any residues. Err.. sounds like alot of work, isnt it?? All I did was bringing the paste and added them into the ready cooked soup, LOL...
We had a lot of other extra ingredients when serving which included fish ball, "sui bak", hard boiled eggs, kangkung, prawns and taugeh.
Everyone, including my nieces agreed that it was really good, so much better than those sold by most of the hawkers.
Very satisfying attempt and looking forward to more hokkien mee sessions :)

3 comments:

  1. look delicious :) haha... i got to find one day also to cook the "sio bak" version also liao...haha

    Eeleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah lau eh, next time when I go back to Penang you must prepare some for me. Looks so tempting. It is hard to find good prawn mee (I mean Hokkien mee) here in KL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abel, i still need to master the skill to cook a good one but can sure arrange for a HKM session when you are back :). Btw, I think my friend also distributes her paste out of Penang. Check out her website if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete