Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fun Morning

Yesterday was a public holiday but not all MNCs observe this holiday. Hubby took the day off and we decided to bring the kids for a picnic by the beach with my parents, nieces and nephew. The kids were very excited about this idea and Emily loves playing with her cousins expecially Ricky as she is just 1 year younger than him. We reached there at around 10am, it was a hot morning but fortunately there are many pine trees to give us shade.
The kids had a lot of fun among themselves by building sandcastle, digging sand tunnel, playing ball and collecting seashells. Earlier I was all prepared to chase Jared around the beach, but to my surprise, this little guy refused to step on the sand. He would screamed the moment we tried to lower his feet to touch the sand. I wonder how he has developed phobia for sand. Amost the whole duration, he was sitting on my lap without wanting to move an inch :). However he enjoyed watching the speedboat speeding through waves and parachuting activities.



When it was time to leave, the kids were so reluctant to do so. We went to a hotel beside our picnic spot to wash up before heading for timsum buffet lunch.

It was definately a fun morning for everyone. We will surely do this activity again but also need to figure out how to get Jared to walk on sand :)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Juju,
    Looks like everyone in the family is having fun. You don't have to worry about Jared being afraid of the sand. I think this is normal for baby his age cause my daughter used to hate it too. Now she is ok with sand and not afraid to put off her shoes standing on the sand. I guess it feels weird for them at first. Keep on encourage Jared to play with the sand ya. I really enjoy reading your posts! :) Keep on writing ya. I will add your blog to my blog list is it is ok with you. -Siti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siti, thanks for your advice.
    Yes, you can go ahead to add my blog :)

    ReplyDelete