Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bento Fun

I have always adored those mothers who spent time to make bento sets for their kids. It is a good way to present food to the kids, especially the picky ones. Just by looking at the nice layout of the bento makes me feel hungry :).




This weekend, I managed to prepare very simple bentos for Emily, just for the fun of it. I do not have those fancy bento sets which I love so much but still hesitating to get them since they are kind of pricey. Instead I used a container which comes with 3 compartments. For Saturday's dinner, I prepared roast chicken, baked potatoes, omelette and stir fry spinach. Something simple that can be ready within an hour, but I must admit the deco is horrible :)






For Sunday's lunch, it was the same left-over roast chicken, sweet and sour fish fillet and steamed okra. Though it's not those nice bentos that I have seen, it has definately boosted Emily's appetite and she gave her thumbs up for the sweet and sour fish :).




4 comments:

  1. You won't be needing the bento sets. :) The food look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad !

    I have never made Bento for my kids before leh (shame of myself).

    I think Emily must have felt the love that buried in the Bento too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure is love or what, but she sapu everything in the container :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mun, thanks for your compliments, but looks can be deceiving :)

    ReplyDelete