Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Movie : Soul Surfer

Two weekends ago, the kids and I watched a very interesting movie on the DVD, Soul Surfer. It was a very inspirational true story about this girl, Bethany Hamilton, who has lost an arm while surfing in Hawaii, bitten off by a shark. And how she was so brave and determined to surf again after that incident.
I was surprised to see Emily cried while watching, as she seldom did. The next morning, she tried to use only 1 hand to do things like brushing teeth, wearing clothes, etc. And finally she told me, mummy, it is not easy at all to work with 1 hand only.
Since then we have watched the movie twice, looking forward to watch again this weekend with hubby.

Here's a clip that I found on youtube.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Juju, I had watched the movie with my boys on last Sat night. It's a good movie, but the effect on them wasn't that big as to Emily, sigh.

    Anyway, thanks for your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mun Yee, glad that you like it. However the impact was a little too big for Emily, now she is scared to even swim in the pool..sigh..

    ReplyDelete