Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Jose Cuervo Tequila Tour

I have always heard about tequila but have never tried any before. In this trip, I had some experiences drinking tequila cocktails. I have also been using agave syrup at home as sweetener, not knowing that the same plant is also used to make tequila. 
 
Sunday was our free day. We decided to sign up for a tequila tour. The tour bus picked us from our hotel in the morning. Together with other visitors, we headed into Tequila city in Jalisco where all the true tequila comes from. We were first brought to Jose Cuervo Agave Farm where the tour guide explained how the blue agave plant is planted and harvested.




 
We then took the bus to the factory where the agave plant is processed into tequila. We were only allowed to take photos at the outer area of the factory and photography is forbidden inside the factory.
 







 
After the tour, we went back to hotel around evening time. It was a tiring trip but fun and informative.

2 comments:

  1. I also did not know that tequila is made from agave. Thanks for the information. Did you like the tequila drink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JJ! Love this review :) It's been a long time since I travelled on my own - and I kinda miss it. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete