Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Jared at 5 months


Weight : 8.9k g. According to Jared's PD, his weight is a 10 month old baby's weight. :)

He can now lift his head up high when placed on his tummy but not for long, needs to put him more on his tummy to strenghten his neck. His legs are also firmer now when we hold him under his arms with his legs on our lap. Has started learning to grasp objects when placed near him.
He is also drooling alot and blowing lots of "raspberries".

He would smile to people who comes to say "hello" to him. This attitude is definately not like Emily :). Also starting to respond when we call his name.

He is definately an early bird, waking up at 7am most of the mornings, will play on his own and sometimes squeals for attention.
His babysitter has also taught him to open and close his fingers when the word "char chi kok" is mentioned. He will do this action each time the word is mentioned. So cute... Indeed his listening skill has developed.

As for milk intake, he still drinks when he is sleeping. If I were to feed him when wide awake, he would use both his hands to push the milk bottle away, on one occasion, I didn't hold on to the bottle tightly and it just flung to the floor, aiyooo.... Sometimes he will make all sorts of sounds as if complaining that he doesn't want milk!!
Early this week I had the biggest scare when he totally refused to drink milk. It all started when he suddenly developed mild fever in the range of 37.8-38.4 celcius. His PD suspected it was due to roseola virus as his whole body has rashes. He became very fussy and cried alot throughout the day which he never did before. That night he hardly slept, waking up almost every hour and cried. I suspected he was hungry, however he still refused to drink milk but wanted only water. Hubby even resorted to feed him using spoon where he cried throughout the feeding. My gosh.. real nightmare for hubby and me.. Thankfully the following day, his fever subsided and that night his appetite returned.. Phew... I have now reduced his milk portion from 6 oz to 5 or 5.5 oz.

Due to his lower milk intake, I have some excess breastmilk. As I did not want to freeze them, I persuaded Emily to drink them, in the beginning she refused as she said is very "geli". I then mixed alot of Milo into the BM and told her that she will become smarter if she drinks my BM as it contains alot of DHA and vitamins. She drank them and told me it tasted good. Now when I ask her which milk is delicious, she would say "Mommy's milk". LOL.

I recently borrowed a bumbo chair from my colleague as I couldn't decide to buy or not since some mothers told me their babies refuse to sit in it. I think Jared likes it as the colour is pretty striking and he kept looking at the chair and also his own body when sitting in it. However I dont think I will be buying as his "drumsticks" are big and they sometimes got stuck in the chair :).


Look at what Emily did after Jared got out of the chair..

2 comments: