Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, January 25, 2010

My New Kitchen Assistant

What do I dislike most about cooking ? My answer would be chopping and mincing. But now I do not need to worry about this anymore, thanks to my new Kenwood 550 chopper.

I have always love cooking spaghetti as my family loves this dish but the thought of peeling and chopping the large quantity of onions, shallots and garlic and mincing the chicken meat really bothered me. To try out my new toy, I decided to cook Bolognese Spaghetti on last Sunday.

To save preparation time, I bought the ready peeled garlic, onions and shallots from the wet market. All I did was wash and throw them into the chopper. Voila… in less than 1 minute, everything was finely chopped to the texture that I require. Next comes the chicken fillet, which I roughly sliced it into chunk size and let the chopper minced it. I only had to manually sliced the button mushrooms which is a simple task. I was so excited that I totally forgot to capture any pictures of the raw ingredients but I definitely remember to take picture of its final results.

1 comment: