Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ciku ..... Sapodilla

2 weeks ago, Emily came to me and asked, what is "ciku" called in english ? Argh!! I was speechless coz I did not have an answer to her question. I was so used to saying ciku that it never strike me to find out the actual word in english... So I told her I will check it out in the dictionary.
However due to the busy schedule, I totally forgot about it til..... last Sunday Emily said, Mummy, I know what is ciku called in English, it is Sapodilla. I was amazed to hear what she just told me, doubting it, I went in to wikipedia to look for this word. Indeed Sapodilla is ciku.........
Digging further, I found out that she learned this word from her kindy. Am glad she is learning more new words and still remembering them ...
Lesson learnt, Never doubt your child's abilities :)

1 comment:

  1. Good sharing... most of Malaysians do not know how it is called in english.

    ReplyDelete