Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bad Luck - Maybe - Good Luck - Maybe

Yesterday, something bad happend to me. I met up with 2 of my ex-colleagues for lunch at Nando's. It was a great meeting as we had so much to catch up, mostly about kids and also about house renovation. As we were about to leave the restaurant, I suddenly trip over and fell flat on the floor.. ooopppssss. It happened in split seconds and I wasn't able to protect myself, then I realised that my 2 front teeth actually hit on the floor and chipped, GOSH.. I could see some white debris on the floor tile as it was my teeth enamel, I guess.. It was kind of painful but I could still stand up and walk, thankfully. But I was really worried and sad coz my precious teeth are damaged already. When I went back to the office, I skyped hubby and told him what had happened. He was totally shocked, I guess. He then insisted that I should go to the dentist immediately. I tried to call a few dentists but couldn't get to make any appointments on that day. Hubby was really desperate, he actually called up a dentist and made up a story of the seriousness of my damaged teeth.. hahaha...silly him.
I took time off and went to the clinic, accompanied by hubby. Had to wait for quite a while before it was my turn. The dentist told me that in some cases, the teeth might have permanent damage. She can't tell at this moment, I will need to monitor if they ever turn greyish, that's when I need to have them extracted.. sigh....
Then she told me that she will perform dental bonding on the chipped area. However I will never be able to bite on anything hard from now onwards... Extremely sad when she told me this as all my teeth are original, never have anything done on them before.
There were some bruises on my right knee, tiny pain on my left ankle, most probably a little twisted and some bodyaches. Thankfully, my face is fine, no bruises at all.
Now when I try to recall how it had happened, I really don't have a clue, I definately didn't pass out at that moment..
So is it considered bad luck or maybe good luck since I didn't have any major injury ??????

5 comments:

  1. oh dear.. sorry to hear this piece of news. whether it's good or bad, keep thinking positive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your predicament.

    Yes, you are a bit unlucky this time to hurt your teeth, but you are also super lucky that you have a loving hubby that care so much of you when you are in pain & trouble. So, in summary, you are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about this. Hope that your front teeth are all ok now (no permanent damage).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mun Yee, Mun, Thanks. Hopefully the bonding will not fail on me :)

    ReplyDelete