Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pizza for Dinner

Yesterday, I tried baking pizza for dinner using off-the-shelf pizza base. This gave me the opportunity to use the pizza stone that was bought donkey years ago.


For the toppings, I used spaghetti sauce, cooked pork, fresh salmon, spinach, green bell pepper, cherry tomatoes onions and finally sprinkled with cheese.




It would have been better if I have sprinkled more cheese. Emily loves it and she said is better than pizza hut because according to her, pizza hut's a tad too dry and this one is juicier. But I think other wise :)
I still have 1 piece of the base. Will try with other types of toppings another time.

 
And I realised that I have made some mistakes when using the pizza stone.
1) Need to heat up the stone before cooking pizza to avoid cracking the stone. Luckily mine didn't crack.
2) Do not grease or oil the stone, just use cornmeal to aid removal. I did the former and now there is stain on the surface :(
3) Never wash the stone with dish wash, just rinse with water.

7 comments:

  1. Wah, your pizza has so much toppings. Of course it beats pizza purchased outside. Must be very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mun, somehow it doesn't taste as good as outside, maybe bcoz I didn;t use stuffs like BBQ sauce.

      Delete
    2. I find those pizza bought from outside (as in PH) to be too salty. I think they may have put MSG so I will definitely prefer your homemade pizza to theirs - yours are more wholesome.

      Delete
  2. I do not know that pizza need to add BBQ sauce, but I believe more cheese sure will taste better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am also not sure but I saw some people do add in BBQ sauce. Agree with you, more cheese will be better.

      Delete
  3. Your pizza actually looks really good. It makes me crave for pizza for dinner tonight. :P Yeah, pizza stone could be tricky to use. You have really good tips on those points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thanks for visiting my blog and your good comments :)

      Delete