Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Jared's 4th Birthday

Last Sunday, our boy has turned 4. He has been looking forward to his birthday and even requested for an IronMan cake. Initially I had wanted to order a cake for him but since I have baked my mum a cake, I thought I should also bake one for him. I managed to convince him that his cake will not be Ironman, instead will have M&Ms on it. It was a chocolate cake and I used the same dressing as my mum's cake, adding M&Ms, coconut  and dark chocolate flakes and ferrero rocher as decorations. 

 
Jared was really excited and happy to see his cake when he woke up in the morning. Emily also made him a birthday card.


 
Blowing the candle
  
Jared with Ah Mah
 
Eating his complimentary dessert at Sakurajima
 
 
After seeing mummy in action, he also pretended to bake a cake for himself, using the birthday star given to him by his kindy.




Weight : 19kg
Height  : 113cm

Happy Birthday to our little sweetheart, Jared

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Jared! He's a cute and handsome boy. :) You cake looks wonderful too. I say, homemade cakes are way better than getting one in the store. :) I can totally see the love you put in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thanks for your greeting. I think I can surely learn from your wonderful recipes too.

      Delete
  2. Another nice cake! Your cake with m&m decoration make me remember on this http://ahshui-little-kitchen.blogspot.com/2008/07/chocolate-banana-cake_17.html
    haha

    Happy birthday to you boy boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MnYfoodtalk, thanks for greeting. Will check out yr chocolate banana cake :)

      Delete
  3. WOW! That cake looks more awesome an Ironman Cake! (Tho my love for Robert Downey Jr aka Ironman never fades!!)

    And your fruit cake for your mom's birthday looks absolutely inviting! Seriously, I'm swallowing gulps of saliva from that pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tasy, thanks :). Didn't know you are a fan of Ironman :)

      Delete
  4. Here's wishing Jared a Happy Belated Birthday! Since you bake so well, better to have a self-baked cake than to buy one. Jared is so happy that mommy baked him a cake that he did one himself too - so creative!

    ReplyDelete