Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Black Bottom Cupcakes for Teacher's Day Celebration

Jared came home a few days ago with a notice from his school informing us of Teacher's Day Celebration. Each kid is requested to bring some food to share with their friends and teachers. I can't really recall how he ended up asking me to bake some cupcakes for him. I found a nice recipe for Black Bottom cupcakes from JoyOfBaking. It is quite a simple recipe to follow and tastes good.

Unfortunately Jared didn't get to help out in the preparation  as I started quite late. Yesterday was also the last day of the 2nd term exam, so Emily happily helped me to prepare some of the cupcakes. It was way past midnight when the last batch of cupcakes were done :). I then chilled them in the refrigerator as recommended.

Jared was very delighted to see the cupcakes when he woke up this morning, big smile on his face :)

5 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes look tempting...what is the light brown thing on top of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy cupcakes! Rich chocolate and cream cheese - very tasty! I guess all the teachers love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mun, thanks, Not too sure about the teachers, but both kids love it :)

    ReplyDelete